The measures, for Liverpool, Sefton, Knowsley, Wirral, Halton and St Helens will be introduced from Tuesday 22 September and will mean:
- Residents must not socialise with other people outside of their own households or support bubble in private homes and gardens
- Hospitality for food and drink will be restricted to table service only
- Late night restriction of operating hours will be introduced, with leisure and entertainment venues required to close between 10pm to 5am
Residents are also advised to adhere to the following guidance to further reduce rates of infection:
- Not to socialise with other people outside of their own households in all public venues
- Only to use public transport for essential purposes, such as travelling to school or work
- Take holidays only within your own household or support bubble
- Avoid attending amateur and semi-professional sporting events as spectators
These changes are in addition to the nationwide 6-person limit on social gatherings that came into force last Monday.
People are being asked to start following the new measures immediately and have a safe and careful weekend.
Anyone with coronavirus symptoms - a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or loss of taste - should book a test at: www.111.nhs.uk/COVID-19 or call 119.
If you have been invited for a flu vaccination, please attend your clinic as normal unless you are unwell or are self-isolating. Please make sure you wear a face covering to your appointment and follow social distancing.
Further details and updates on the guidance will be added here.
Content provided by NHS Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). For more information, please visit www.liverpoolccg.nhs.uk.
Published on Fri, 18 Sep 2020 13:28:47 GMT
Modified on Fri, 18 Sep 2020 15:19:52 GMT